FAQ: What Are Panel Ready Appliance Pulls? - The Hardware Hut
Appliance Pulls, Kitchen, Cabinet Hardware
Appliance Pulls, Kitchen, Cabinet Hardware

FAQ: What Are Panel Ready Appliance Pulls?

When browsing Pinterest and Instagram for your kitchen remodel, you will see many kitchens with appliances that hide in the background. Not everyone desires giant white or stainless steel refrigerators. Not all dishwashers should mess with the continuity of the cabinetry. To accomplish the seamless look and hide those appliances, you’ll need to get a panel-ready appliance. That means that the front of the appliance is built in a special way where your cabinet maker custom makes a wood door. The door covers your appliance in the same style and finish as the rest of the cabinetry in your kitchen.

Tips on Making the Kitchen Cohesive

Many customers want to have the appliance pulls from the same collection as their other cabinet hardware. This keeps the design cohesive throughout. If that is your plan, don’t purchase the cabinet hardware separate than the appliance pulls. Get them all at the same time. Not every brand makes a complimentary appliance handle in each collection. How terrible to order cabinet handles and have them installed, before finding out that a coordinating appliance pull doesn’t exist!

Appliance Pulls, Hardware, Kitchen

Photo Credit: Dimora Interiors

The Pulls

There are not any rules on the size of the pull you use. Just make sure it will fit the appliance. Watch for water/ice dispensers. The most common sizes, in order of popularity, are 12″, 18″, 8″, 7″ and 15″. Appliance pulls mount onto typically 3/4″ thick wood panels, affixed to the appliance. Appliance pulls do not physically attach to the appliance itself—only to the wood panel.

While refrigerators and freezers are the most common panel-ready appliances, they are not the only ones. You can find just about every appliance available—dishwashers, dishwasher drawers, ice makers, wine coolers, warming drawers, wall ovens, or trash compactors.

When you are ready to buy your panel ready appliance, order the appliance pulls from The Hardware Hut. Everything gets delivered around the same time. Then, the cabinet maker and contractors can begin installation.

Shop Appliance Pulls >

Belwith Keeler Facette, Cabinet Hardware

Top Featured Image Photo Credit: Colonial Bronze

About the author
In 2002, Johnny Quinn joined TheHardwareHut.com in Customer Service. He and his husband own three properties they rent as part of their retirement plans. When not in the office, you might find him in an airport heading out on a fun adventure. He's been to Italy, Australia, and Peru with plans of heading to Thailand next.