Protecting your privacy is very important to The Hardware Hut. This document will help you to understand our policies regarding your personal information.
Information We Collect
- Your contact details, including your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address.
- Your Hardware Hut account, if you have made such an account with us, and other electronic identification data (such IP address, MAC address etc) and the data you add to your Hut account, such as your password, billing and/or shipping addresses, and other information you may share with us.
- Information regarding your use of our online Services. This may include data regarding the pages you visit, the products and services you like and the content of your abandoned shopping cart.
- Your purchases in our online stores. The data we collect if you purchase a product online, such as the amount and date of your purchase, the product or products you purchase, the website or app through which you make your purchase, payment method, payment status, discount or coupon codes, shipping method and shipping address.
- Your reviews, opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product reviews that you publish on our websites, provide to our review partner ShopperApproved, or share with us online or through social media.
- Any communication data, your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or via social media.
Information Provided by Third Parties
- We use third party service vendors to provide services to us on our site which include, payment processors (CenPOS), email marketing (Listrak), online reviews (ShopperApproved) and analytics and ad performance tracking (Google, Facebook, Adnxs).
- We use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt Personal Information (such as your payment information) before it travels over the internet. Credit card numbers are never stored on our database or servers.
How We Use Your Information
- In order to manage and handle your purchases and requests, we use your contact details, your account and electronic identification data and information regarding your purchases.
- We use your contact information to send you newsletters or marketing materials. At any time, you may opt out of receiving such marketing materials by following the instructions in any email you receive from us. You can also control these preferences in your account settings.
- We use your actions on the site to generate depersonalized, aggregated data to detirmine the workings and performances of our store, to assist in site security and fraud prevention, to remind you of your abandoned shopping cart and to send order confirmations by email.
- We may occasionaly send you marketing e-mails with promotional materials. If you prefer not to receive such marketing or promotional e-mails from us, you may unsubscribe completely by contacting us using our contact form or emailing us at email@example.com. You may also select to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails. Please note that we may need to send you e-mails that are transactional in nature, such as payment confirmations, which are communications you will not be able to opt-out of.
- You are able to view, update and modify the information concerning your account by visiting your Account page and editing any information in your Profile. You are able to change your e-mail address, password, contact information, or any other login information by visiting your account page. If you wish to suspend your account or need help modifying account information, please contact us using our contact form.
European or California Users
If you are located in the EU, Switzerland or California, you may have the right to:
- View the personal information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies, to restrict or to object to the processing of your information, to have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your information elsewhere.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your information, at any time and free of charge. We will respect your wishes and apply your preference for all future dealings. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any such requests.